View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 02:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile neuropathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissyd View Post
My name is Christy and I have had extremely painful ideopathic small fiber neuropathy. I am still very young and have 3 chrildren age 14-8. I finally was diagnosed about 6 years ago with pain getting worse as time goes along. My husband of 16 years left us 2 years ago because he ould not handle this disease. I am on 8 different medications including morphine which my doctors want to switch to methadone. I have been searching the web for years and am so glad that I have found this site. Thank you. I am excited about hearing others stories and finding new friends
hello wow sorry to hear you have this neuropathy i have a different neuropathy but its simular I got my diabetes diagnosed in may of 2010 and i had surgery in my stomach this past april of 2011 developed this burning feet stabing lightening bolts pain in my left leg from meralgia paresthetica its a pinched nerve and i have been in such pain that i asked for pain medications in october of 2010 so it has not gotten any better i have my days that i am useless as a frog standing walking doing my dishes at the kitchen sink starts my pain up .
I have not heard of any remedys for my condition I had to quit employement just to weak and tired my diabetes has been controlled and high blood pressure is controlled and i take like 8 meds a day to . I always was a busy man I loved money i had self employement income and i was a salesperson at THE HOME DEPOT AND OTHER MAJOR LUMBERYARDS IN MY AREA I MISS WORKING . it was good to get my disabilty approved this pass november so i am a bit better that income is coming in but i would rather be working i was hoping maybe to work one day a week but i don't see myself being able to do it so i go to diabetic talk groups once a month and hear other problems but i am finding out there's no good treatment for my conditions i have I was thinking about getting water therapy and some excercise for my back soon I am gonna have to pay out of my pocket for it but i thinks its worth a try .I am hoping that maybe the swiming and useing some of the gym equipment could make me get off the pain medications and then i may be able to maybe work a day a week i am so bored being home I lost a sister last month and i see my other family members in worst conditions than me I need the therapy so have you talked to anyone about therapy for your conditions keep in comtact with me i will let you know if i get anyless pain from the water therapy goodluck from jemjeff10
jemjeff10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote