View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 08:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Unidentified immune illness--were you told it's all in your head?

I was wondering if anyone else had been through a struggle to prove and identify any illness that had affected the immune system. Symptoms such as blurred vision, neurological dysfunction, sleep problems, malabsorption, etc. which sometimes don't show up in testing. In some cases testing is denied based on a doctor's opinion that it just isn't there--especially if the patient was already stamped as being depressed and anxious, which can accompany an authentic illness. I was just diagnosed with Somatization disorder and denied necessary testing that has left me with neurological problems which will undoubtedly now show up in testing, if I can convince a primary care physician to give me a referral. The somatization disorder description fits the criteria for many illnesses such as Gulf War Syndrome, pesticide exposure, or a number of other immune system disorders. Has anyone else ever been in this situation and fought it? I'm sure there are a few people out there that are hypochondriacs, but in this day and age when there are so many toxins in the environment and in our foods, the Somatization Disorder stamp seems like an easy write off to deny someone the use of their insurance and to explain an open-ended question which a doctor can't answer--what is it? I would be interested to know if anyone actually was able to legally fight a Somatization write off when they found proof of their illness and had been denied medical help.
Lily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote