View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Supplementation and Diet and Pain

I have weaned myself to ONE pharma but have a fistful of supplements I take. I have allergy pills when I need them and benedryl for bees, ant and spider bites. I have pain pills, non-narcotic, in emergencies only. I try to stay on the 4F diet by Dr Hooshang Hooshmond, though life is short and when I am doing well, I forget what makes me feel bad; then I have to backtrack and get my body right again. But I also find not every diet is right for every person, though I have found eliminating sugars and gluten help many. The problem in encouraging a healthier diet is cost, but I believe it is better to eat less, better food, than more body killing, chemical laden, crap. Usually what works for one may not work for another as we ALL have chemical signatures all our own, like fingerprints. That includes gut flora. Exercise, encouragement, and diet make a major difference in pain. I've had RSD, CRPS Type I, for 17 years. I've had pain so bad I wanted to take my life, but I have work to do here so I endure it. Another major factor is doing what you like to relax your mind and release those endorphines. I like to ride my motorcycle but it's been almost 3 years because my hubby broke his back-maybe this summer......and my faith. Without faith, life just isn't worth the time to me......and music, and art, and reading. So many people let what they have live through them or they are identified by what they have. People ask me about my voice, my "spasmodic dysphonia" and unfortunately can sometimes identify me, but I don't let it take me over. It's in my life, it is not my life. Talking about what you have and what it does to your body to others isn't always the best idea. You hear what you say about yourself and it reinforces what you think/feel about it. Sometimes I don't even tell the doctor unless it's important. Unless it is specific to my pain or stopping my pain, I take care of it myself. Especially if I know I caused it by doing something like eating junk food. So, get your gut flora right, find something that makes you happy, and do some exercise, even if just a little. If you rest on your keister too long, you WILL lose whatever it is you are not moving. better pain in a limb you can still use than pain in a limb you can't.
Hopey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote