Thread: Gi issues
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 03:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been on Nortriptyline which is similiar to Amytriptyline. Yes it causes constipation in me and after having bowel surgery, I'm very sensitive to not messing up the works again, so I've found my fix.

How's your fiber intake? For me (48yo male, except for head injury, otherwise healthy) I intake about 40-45 grams of fiber a day, preferably fruits, vegis, whole grains, and if needed Metamucil 2x daily.

I'm also drinking lots of water, decaffeinated green tea, zero coffee, cokes, dairy.

Keep the fiber intake up and water consumption up.

Mike

December 15, 2009: Major surgery due to diverticulitis. 6 weeks after surgery, dizziness, fog, cognitive difficulty, anxiety, some panic, lots of headache. These symptoms largely gone, but still cannot exercise above a very low threshold otherwise resulting in severe headache and cognitive fog. Same for overwhelming odors.

Meds: Nortriptyline and Naratriptan as needed to rid severe headaches (exertional migraines).
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote