View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojee22 View Post
Cathie - Just curious, what your dose was on the Gabapentin? I am only taking 100mg, but when i increased it to 200mg i got sick.. argh.. but 100mg seems to be helping.

I wonder if you feel better taking the gabapentin does it "cure" the nerve problems??
If I stop taking it will the pain come back? since my issue is only the nerve got mad that the pain injection needle got to close to it ??

sigh.....

Joann
Hi Joann,

I was on 100mg twice a day, and YES, the nerve pain came back as soon as the gabapentin was out of my system. And no, it doesn't cure it, it masks it like everything else. Doc is right, it didn't stop the numbness or tingling, but it sure did help with the pain. But I just couldn't live the way it was making me feel. I was foggy and the headaches were brutal. Everyday headache isn't worth it. I was getting migraines every 2 or 3 days too.

I'm not having any issues with the Butrans patch, even though it doesn't cover all the pain it helps, and no side effects. I have had to take a percocet or two for a bit of neuropathy relief, just when I can't handle it anymore. But the gabapentin just wasn't for me I guess.

FYI... the pharmacist told me that I was on a VERY low dose at 100mg twice a day.

Last edited by cath1; 02-06-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: forgot a sentence.
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote