View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I understand your concern. I have people tell me all the time about how my son shouldn't be taking such "powerful and dangerous" drugs.

But they don't walk in my or my son's shoes. It took us years to get to this point where the meds are right. And this could change at any moment or any day. Wes is so fragile, we have no choice. None.

Neither does your son.

Neither do I.

My response to these people is usually to try and educate and induce empathy for any one who may be in my son's situation. And if they don't get it? Screw em. They aren't worth my time. But maybe I have left them with something to think about.

These two "parents" need to have their kids taken away and under the care of someone who can properly medicate them. Once the parents are re-educated and can show they understand how serious this disorder is and how the meds can help their children function, maybe maybe they could be with their kids again. My greatest hope is that the news coverage will continue after the trial. Show that the kids are well on the proper dose of their medication. And hopefully show that the parents were able to be taught and get their kids back. But I am afraid that won't happen.

I just get so mad because I fight so hard for Wes. I fight for him to have the right to go to school. I fight to keep him alive and with me. I fight to keep his meds at the lowest dose with the highest theraputic value. I am fighting for his life.

So do you, Bobi. I know you do.

PS: Wes was diagnosed with ADHD and depression at 7. He went psycotic from the ritalin at 10. But the docs played around with bipolar until he was 12 and the schizto-affective until last year. And yes, in retrospect, his symptoms manifested in infancy. It is a long and painful road. I wish this on no one.

Last edited by Mrs. Bear; 04-01-2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: ps: