View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldar View Post
Catra, I so envy you!!! Best wishes! The last time I tried to work, back January - March 2010, I developed a very very serious infection in my arm that actually got worse daily even on 2 antibiotics and was hospitalized. My former job refused to let me work with doctor restrictions (1 hand). Hope yours is... I never had such pain as trying to do work with my bad arm back then. Ended up getting pulled from work totally by my orthopaedic surgeon, and my neurologist refuses to let me work until we get my stage 2 and pain under some control.

Please post when you return to work, I for one am really interested to see your success!!!
Thanks...i will definitely post an update of how things go once I am allowed to go back. I am an assistant store manager at a retail store so for me the big obstacle (other than getting some of my symptoms under control so I could drive again) is my endurance. After spending most of last year stuck in a wheelchair not able to stand or walk at all, it has been a long road to build up any sort of endurance...but I am finally there. I still will require the accomodations of being able to use my walker and to be able to wear gym shoes/gloves/scarf as needed...neither of which should be difficult to accomodate. But with those two things I should be able to do my job. I've worked so hard for this and I know going back won't be easy but I am just not cut out for this sedentary lifestyle that has been forced on me by the RSD. Can you say stir crazy?

I am also hoping that once I go back and am in a situation where I am "forced" so to speak to move around that this will improve my health over all. I know from when I was working back when I got the ankle RSD under control that I felt a lot better mentally and that work actually helped me to take my mind off the pain. The pain was always there of course but being focused on the many many things that you have to juggle on a daily basis at work sort of pushes thoughts of the pain to the back of my mind. At least...I HOPE that's how it works this time too.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote