View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
Thanks...i will definitely post an update of how things go once I am allowed to go back. I am an assistant store manager at a retail store so for me the big obstacle (other than getting some of my symptoms under control so I could drive again) is my endurance. After spending most of last year stuck in a wheelchair not able to stand or walk at all, it has been a long road to build up any sort of endurance...but I am finally there. I still will require the accomodations of being able to use my walker and to be able to wear gym shoes/gloves/scarf as needed...neither of which should be difficult to accomodate. But with those two things I should be able to do my job. I've worked so hard for this and I know going back won't be easy but I am just not cut out for this sedentary lifestyle that has been forced on me by the RSD. Can you say stir crazy?

I am also hoping that once I go back and am in a situation where I am "forced" so to speak to move around that this will improve my health over all. I know from when I was working back when I got the ankle RSD under control that I felt a lot better mentally and that work actually helped me to take my mind off the pain. The pain was always there of course but being focused on the many many things that you have to juggle on a daily basis at work sort of pushes thoughts of the pain to the back of my mind. At least...I HOPE that's how it works this time too.
Good for you, I am also one that hates being cooped up. I used to work on insurance claims as a Quality Assurance person, so with the loss of most of the use of my right arm it is extremely difficult to go back to that, if we ever get the pain and spasms under control. Wearing clothes like that must be a serious help I am betting, I barely get my jeans buttoned sometimes.

Mentally I think I am good, I love your attitude and exuberance about returning to work (hoping it is infectious!!). Unfortunately my focus is getting through each day, with my goals being finding helpful doctors and therapists. Maybe I should add finding a girlfriend to that lol once the weather warms up?? With 2 disabilities in my right arm, when I was allowed to search for work no company wanted me because of the potential liability. Ahh well, maybe in 2013

Oh, and tell us when you are running that marathon!!!
Kheldar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote