View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 04:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldar View Post
Good for you, I am also one that hates being cooped up. I used to work on insurance claims as a Quality Assurance person, so with the loss of most of the use of my right arm it is extremely difficult to go back to that, if we ever get the pain and spasms under control. Wearing clothes like that must be a serious help I am betting, I barely get my jeans buttoned sometimes.

Mentally I think I am good, I love your attitude and exuberance about returning to work (hoping it is infectious!!). Unfortunately my focus is getting through each day, with my goals being finding helpful doctors and therapists. Maybe I should add finding a girlfriend to that lol once the weather warms up?? With 2 disabilities in my right arm, when I was allowed to search for work no company wanted me because of the potential liability. Ahh well, maybe in 2013

Oh, and tell us when you are running that marathon!!!
Marathon? I don't think so...lol! My focus has been solely on getting myself back to work and getting back the quality of life...after months and months of being bounced around by doctors until I found one that actually was willing to help me achieve my goals.

But next on my list after I get back to work and figure out how to balance my life with the limitations of the RSD: Disney World! Lol! That's probably still another year off yet but with a new goal in mind it will keep me focused on continuing my therapy (which I do all on my own now and not as part of a program or anything) and pursuing better treatment options like (hopefully) tDCS. Honestly...setting goals for myself and then working with a doctor to achieve those specific goals has been the best way for me to go instead of just letting myself be at the mercy of the doctors. I ended up with a very compassionate doctor who has just been a godsend.

I really hope you get on the right track this year so that you can get back to living your life instead of just surviving and making it through. Finding the right doctor who can get you there is such a huge piece of the puzzle. If you can get that nailed down I am sure that you will get your life back. It'll never be the same of course, but once you have lost so much just getting even a small piece of that back feels like such a big win. At least...I know it feels that way for me. You've got the right attitude so I have no doubt that you'll be able to accomplish great things once you find that doctor who wants to and is able to help you.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote