View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 04:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
Marathon? I don't think so...lol! My focus has been solely on getting myself back to work and getting back the quality of life...after months and months of being bounced around by doctors until I found one that actually was willing to help me achieve my goals.

But next on my list after I get back to work and figure out how to balance my life with the limitations of the RSD: Disney World! Lol! That's probably still another year off yet but with a new goal in mind it will keep me focused on continuing my therapy (which I do all on my own now and not as part of a program or anything) and pursuing better treatment options like (hopefully) tDCS. Honestly...setting goals for myself and then working with a doctor to achieve those specific goals has been the best way for me to go instead of just letting myself be at the mercy of the doctors. I ended up with a very compassionate doctor who has just been a godsend.

I really hope you get on the right track this year so that you can get back to living your life instead of just surviving and making it through. Finding the right doctor who can get you there is such a huge piece of the puzzle. If you can get that nailed down I am sure that you will get your life back. It'll never be the same of course, but once you have lost so much just getting even a small piece of that back feels like such a big win. At least...I know it feels that way for me. You've got the right attitude so I have no doubt that you'll be able to accomplish great things once you find that doctor who wants to and is able to help you.
WHEN we get my pain under some semblance of control, I want to do something I have never done before and even had to cancel in 2010 (get your mind out of the gutter lol) - have a vacation of any kind, anywhere.

Disney World?? You are ambitious! Love it! All that bouncing, noise, etc. will be a real pure test and I really hope it is pure enjoyment for you. I am hoping just to visit another state I have never been to for a week or so and be around nice people so i can expand our friendship.

By the way, I use facebook for chat if anyone wants, message me and will give info
Kheldar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote