View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 01:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello Cathy

Hello Cathy,
I have no idea where to begin. My name is Linda and I care for my hubby Mike. See 6+ yrs ago my Mike became very ill he was only 47yrsold. At first he lost his sight(back in about 3 min) got a Real bad headache and started to sweat. To the hospital we went after church.They said he had a bad headache LOL. Then our crazy life began. Neuro dr1 said it was in his head and depression, 3 months of that and I was ready to kill the dr.. Neuro dr2 said depression,we never went back.. Neuro dr3 and many more test said Binswanger disease and strokes and gave him 5yrs to live..Then 1yr later said nope thats not it either,migraines and depression.. Neuro dr4 saw him for 1yr and knew if she did not figger it out fast he was going to die.. Our dr contacted the dr the other people talked about in here Dr H. He told her what test to do.. And 4yrs to the day when Mike got sick we Finely had the answer Gluten Ataxia... The wheel chair is in the attic(not the car). No more walker,balance is better. Short term memory is ok.. No more stroke like episodes.. Mikes TTG was 17.1 Dec 2005,, 11.8 Sept 2005,, 11.5 April 2006,,
6.40 March 2007.. TTG is a gluten blood test..It checks for antibodies in your blood.. He is on a very strike Gluten free diet.... Our story was in the magazine called Living Without winter issue(Dec2006)...Feel free to email me.. at mhowell3@rochester.rr.com
Take care ..Linda and Mike
ljh57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote