View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I finally took my first nose dive

I guess I knew it would come at some time. Sunday, while walking just a bit too fast I guess from room to room in my home, I hit a laundry basket left on the floor, turned an ankle and face planted my forehead into the corner of a cabinet and almost knocked myself cold. I did manage to open a wound to the bone and scared every one. A lot of ice and butterfly bandages later, I looked like someone who had too much fun at a Superbowl party when I never even left my house.
Insult to injury, the suggestion was made by a family member that I needed to get a cane. I recall when I was first diagnosed by a rather rude MD. He walked into the room, put me thru a few paces, declared that I had Parkinson's, wrote me a script for Carbi/Levo and suggested that I buy a cane. Needless to say I never went back to see that jerk.
So, perhaps I'm a bit sensitive to the cane, question... anyone using a cane and does it really help? I don't usually have any problems walking and it would seem like a cane would get in the way more than help other than make for a nifty weapon to poke a lazy relative. But... I may need to consider this thru new eyes. So, tell me... should I be considering this and if so, what kind do I buy?
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote