View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 12:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for those jokes guys...sometimes I think really bad, corny jokes are the best. Unfortunately I don't know any jokes but here's a somewhat funny story about something that happened yesterday that broke me out of a particularly snappish mood (one of those where EVERYTHING irritates you regardless of how stupid and inimportant it is).

My boyfriend FINALLY brought all of our boxes for the Christmas decorations up from the basement yesterday (yes...I know it is Feb already and we STILL have all the inside decorations up). Anyway...I told him to bring up EVERYTHING because there's stuff we haven't seen since we moved into the house 5 years ago and stuff that my mother somehow snuck into the house when THEY moved that I never asked for or wanted...and I thought it was time to sort it all out and give away the stuff we don't need or want.

So...among these unopened boxes is a box that my mom labeled "Christmas decorations and sitting room knick knacks"...seems innocent enough. So I open the box up (its still taped shut with packing tape from the move)...and keep in mind that at this point I am just in a nasty mood...the sort where I would stomp around if I could...and right on top of this HUGE box is a gift bag filled with stuff. Alright...gift bag is an odd "knick knack" but okay...let's look inside. There's a dancing stuffed box, a singing bird that sings zipadee doo da, an unopened Christmas gift for my aunt (still wrapped), a light up skull (halloween decoration), a random cross stitch piece that is wadded up in the bottom...and a GIANT bag of peanut M&Ms...lol! It's a 52 oz bag of M&Ms...how exactly is THAT a knick knack or Christmas decoration?

I'm sorry...it's really not THAT funny but it was just one of those things that just sort of hits you when you're in a bad mood and makes you bust out laughing. Broke my bad mood immediately and had me laughing for hours. I even called my mom to find out how exactly this ENORMOUS bag of M&Ms was a sitting room knick knack? And it's been in this box for over 5 years. There were plenty more odd things in that box but the m&m's were what just did me in.

Sorry...know it's not a joke but thought maybe it might get a laugh as it certainly gave me one.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kheldar (02-07-2012)