Thread: Hurtful words.
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 01:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
Lol

When I was complaining about the weight I have put on during the months of enforced inactivity and comfort eating my wife said "you look like it's Christmas and you've eaten the whole goose".

It was so outrageous it was funny. She can't believe she said it, and doesn't know where it came from . If I ever say anything wrong ever again, that comment is my get out of jail free card
Yeah, Nick, that's hilarious!

And Klaus, I gained a LOT of weight too. I used to be a size 6/8 (depending on the brand) and now I have a closet full of cute clothing that I can't even try on!! (At the worst point, I had lost all muscle mass and still weighed more than 50 lbs more than I did at the time of the accident.)

And I'm one of those chicks that is really into clothing and fashion - this has been a difficult thing for me to let go of. Not only can I not fit into the cute clothing I already own, but because I've been out of work for so long I can't afford new cute clothing in the appropriate size anymore. So I feel bad about how my body looks and I feel bad about how my clothing looks.

This mTBI has been an interesting trip down the road of what my self esteem consists of. I felt bad about myself for not working or being productive, I've felt bad about how much help I needed, I have felt bad about the way I look, I have felt bad about the speech impediments I've had to deal with and I have felt bad for not being "as smart" or as quick as I was before the accident too.

But my boyfriend is AWESOME, because even when I was at the heaviest I've ever been in my entire life about a year ago, he said that I still looked good.

I'm losing weight, though, just as slowly and surely as I'm still getting better. This has just been such a looooong process!!
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Klaus (02-07-2012), SpaceCadet (02-07-2012), tamisue (02-07-2012)