View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 03:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cogentin

Thank you, Paula, for your response to my question about Cogentin. Apparently, it was not a good medication for you. I was especially skeptical when I read that there was a psychotic side effect for you. Of course, as we all know...what "works" well for one may not "work" at all well for another and vice versa. I think it is as you said...an older medication...but, sometimes these "work" as well if not better than some of the newer, less-tested medications. I think this is true of many medications...not just those related to PD. How often I've read about Benadryl, too...certainly an older medication and, in fact, used intially to treat PD before levadopa was marketed. It has occurred to both my pwp and to me that Benadryl might be something to try. Just think about DM and what some here at the forum have discovered about the benefits of that...certainly not the benefits for which it was initially intended but, for some, found to be effective/beneficial in treating PD symptoms.
Doreen has yet to take the Cogentin. She seems to want to research it just a bit more.
Thank you again, Paula for your response.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote