View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

i have it easier having read other peoples similar stories, i feel so alone with this condition, i myself had surgery for arnold chiari malformation in 2007 so has been just over 4 years now, id suffered since i can remember, i recsll having intense unbearable headaches evenat the age of 7 or 8, it was only almost 20 years later i was diagnosed, it all happened so fast between diagnosis and the surgery that i still dont fully understand what exactly they did, i was very poorly and in intensive care for almost 2 months after the surgery, and a week after discharge i was taken back via ambulance with a bleed on the brain, im ok now however i still get occasional headaches, though nowhere near as bad as before the surgery, and my neck has never been the same, ive been told i only have 60% of my neck movements now, if i look inany direction apart from straight ahead for even more than a few seconds my neck ends up in agony and usually causes a severe headache, i also have problems now with my hearing in my left ear and often get earache, does anybody else have hearing problems? i am awaiting an appointment with neurosurgeon to see what is going on with my neck, im vey worried and scared
queenvikki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote