View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Some of the delusional thoughts can be caused by the meds you are taking.

Something you need to seriously consider is fixing a constant of meds and supplements. It is seriously counter productive to be frequently changing your meds (dosage) and supplements.

It is no better that constantly being aware of a new or recurrence of a symptom.

As a TBI friend says, "And then that happened." He uses this term to disregard the ups and downs of symptoms.

You may need to try a different med to help you get out of the looping, especially if you loop about a particular symptom.

My psychiatrist focused on my looping first thing and got me up to 60 mgs of paxil (paroxetine) within 2 or 3 weeks. He had experience with OCD and looping and knew a lesser dose would likely not help. I have tried reducing to 40 mgs but the looping returned with a vengeance.

I just read a research article at NIMH (National Institutes for Mental Health) that showed combining paroxetine with Mirtazapine doubles the effective rare of decrease of anxiety/OCD symptoms. I googled "Mirtazapine OCD paroxetine" The literature seems to suggest the paroxetine or other SSRI's alone are more effective than Mirtazapine alone.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (02-07-2012)