View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 07:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
So sorry you fell and hit your head. No fun there at all. I am also sorry you have parkensons and was treated badly by that physician. I hope you have a good and compassionate doctor now.
I have ankle issues, I need two new ankles. I too am debating on a cane. I am not sure I will qualify for this new proceedure{ ankle replacement}. Let me know if you do decide to use one. I am afraid of it getting in my way more than helping me too. I also need a joint replaced other than my ankles in my foot. Walking is very hard for me too right now. I don't want to fall however, and have the same fear of falling and knocking myself out. How does a person decide on something like that, or does your doctor make a recommendation? ginnie
Husband uses a cane. He says after walking too much he tends to start to bend at the waist, and the cane helps to keep his back straight. It also gives him balance when he goes up or down the stairs. If you need quite a bit of help, the 3 prong cane will give more stability; otherwise, just a regular cane might be sufficient.

Jo Ann
JoClay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-07-2012), Twinkletoes (02-10-2012)