Thread: Double vision
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Hi all,

Probably the wrong sub-forum, but I have PN (due to ganglioneuritis from Sjogren's) and this is where I typically post.

About 3-4 months ago I had a single sudden episode of double vision lasting a couple hours. It returned about a month ago and occurred a couple times a week. Now it's several times a day. I have seen the eye doctor (both ophthalmologist and optometrist) and they could not see anything abnormal (other then dry eyes from the Sjogren's). The optometrist thought at first it might be eye strain, but it still occurs even when I put on my reading glasses.

I'm going to see my neurologist at Hopkins next week, but thought I'd ask here if anyone has some thoughts on what type of neurological problems could cause this. MS is about the only thing I keep running across...or medicine side-effect. I have had LP (not recent) and an MRI of the brain (last year) and there was no indication of this.

I know it's not medicine related even though I take quite a hefty list, because I have not added anything or increased/changed dosing in a long time...with the exception of a new cardiac med last week (Renexa) but the double vision was already occurring and has not changed since starting this. Just in case I stopped the only two I could possibly attribute to this (Ambien & small doses of Percocet) and it still occurred.

Any thoughts?
Hi en bloc - long time no see! A thought on your double vision. I have a problem with my vision when my pain increases my vision clarity decreases - I get a much blurry picture as my pain gets worse. Also as my pain is getting bad one of my eyes will try to re-dialate under direct light instead of staying contracted. My neuro attributes this directly to the ganglioneuritis. I am not sure how or why, your probably alot more educated on it then I am, but if it is possible perhaps your vision is being effected by your ganglioneuritis as well. Sorry I don't have more for you... best wishes...
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
en bloc (02-08-2012)