View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Abby, I am on IVIG and into my 6th year. I am wondering what your dosage is. I can't take the imuran so the IVIG is it til something else comes up that is feasible.

I am wondering also if your doc could have you get the infusions every 3 weeks to 4 weeks. I also wonder if he is hesitating to put you on IVIG more often than every 6 weeks as he feels he won't be able to tell when the imuran kicks in. ??

I don't know if you have done any research on the imuran, but from what I have read most people are having some response to it by 10 months. Also, I would think that if the doc would increase your IVIG dosage you might be able to make it the 4 weeks.

I get 80 grams of privigen and usually I can pretty much make it until a couple of days prior to my next infusion. This month I have infusion next Monday but I started having weakness last week. I am not surprised though as my hubby has been having health issues again/yet and the stress knocks the starch out of me.

Maybe it is time to go off the imuran---or----you could make a deal with your neuro that if you show no improvement in such and such a time you will stop it and go on cellcept which is often used. Anyway, just a few thoughts from an old lady. Good luck and let us know how you are getting along. gto
69gto73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stellatum (02-08-2012)