Thread: Double vision
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I think low blood sugar and low blood pressure can independently of each other cause double vision. If you have BOTH at the same time
the effects may be increased. Also increased blood viscosity may be a culprit?

I'd check your blood pressure at home with a cuff when you have this effect, and see if there is a correlation.

I also get vision changes from MSG.

I think if you journal your episodes during the day, you might correlate to food (hunger), or low pressure.

Blurred vision also comes from anticholinergic drugs. OTC things like Benadryl and Imodium, and RX things too. I don't recall on your list however, that you sent me, an anticholinergic drug.
I don't have a means to check blood sugar at home, but can certainly check BP and will do so.

I also hadn't considered MSG. I don't eat many processed foods...very little actually, but I will pay attention and journal to see if there is a connection.

No anticholinergics for me with the Sjogren's...they cause dryness, which I have plenty. I was given atropine once during a chemical stress echo...thought I would die afterward. I couldn't talk or swallow at all...literally. It was actually quite scary.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will note when it occurs for patterns, BP, food, etc.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote