View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Good luck Yellow!!

I had stellate ganglion blocks when first diagnosed with RSD in the right side of my face. They did a series of them aggressively, without anesthesia, and in conjunction with medication I went into remission for 13 years. Had a big flare up in 2005, when treated with meds it calmed down. Then in 2009, I injured my right hand and was not properly diagnosed, RSD set in, too late for the blocks to help much although we tried them, quite a few of them!! One of the dr's did them with anesthesia and it was nice at the time because it helps you relax. The RSD has since spread to my other hand, arm (due to surgery), left leg and possibly going into my right leg now.

Anyway, I think the stellate ganglion blocks are definitely worth trying if the dr is good and hits the right spot! For me, PT was not helpful at all - it was pure torture!! Could not even tolerate the desensitization with a cotton ball. Ice, heat and a tens unit?? Forget about it!!

The only thing helping me now is my two SCS (cervical and thoracic). Glad yours is helping your legs now.

Good luck with the block Thursday and let us know how it goes. Also, let us know if you decide on OT and how that goes.

All the best,
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote