Thread: Double vision
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The double vision has already occurred today (and I had already eaten) so I'm doubting blood sugar.

But the beta-blocker...I had no idea side effects can cause problems long after taking it...like years. I assumed once you tolerate a medicine and don't have side-effects, that you won't have them later. I have taken a beta-blocker for many years, so automatically discounted it being the cause.

I will have to discuss it with the cardiologist. Gosh, that would be horrible if it's the beta-blocker. Don't know what I would do without it. I have tapered off once about 1.5 years ago and had numerous problems and had to start again...but it is a lower dose. Pacemaker recorded 76 cardiac events in only a couple months when I was off the beta-blocker. I have severe sick sinus syndrome and already had one EP study and double ablation to help. There are not many other options. I really hope it's not the beta-blocker, but you may be right.

If it is the beta-blocker effecting (constricting) blood vessels to the eye, would they be able to detect this with MRI? That way we would know for sure.

Last edited by en bloc; 02-08-2012 at 10:19 AM. Reason: spelling
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote