View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

In all the hype about stem cells for neurogenesis, the only one that makes any biological sense is for the regeneration of nerve fibers for repair of spinal cord injuries and other nerve fiber injuries. The human brain has so many different types of neurons (4000) that targeting any specific type sounds far fetched. To make matters worse is the need to re-establish the axonal pathways.

The human brain takes years ( up to 20+) to establish and mature these neural pathways. A rodent's full set of neurons and neural pathways is complete in less than 2 months. To me, that speaks of a big difference in neural complexity. A adult rodent has the complex thinking skills of a human infant.

The idea of using sea weed to stimulate neurogenesis sounds like one of many of the "we came from the slime of the seas" claims that it is possible to duplicate the evolutionary cycle that claims that our existence is based on all evolutionary causes of advancement were started in a primordial ooze found in the seas. Wow, what a convoluted sentence. Hope you guys get what I am trying to say.

Odd that a preacher's wife is promoting a product based on evolutionary claims.

The StemTech website shows the kind of company they are. Can anyone say Multi-Level Marketing? Only one person on the entire management team has any science credentials, and even those of the chief researcher are not listed. The researcher's experience is in the natural foods and nutrition industry. Could it be he worked for another MLM company developing products? It sounds like he was looking for a product to hawk to customers. When he found one, he partnered with a MLM expert and formed StemTech.

Save you money.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Klaus (02-09-2012)