View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worried_mom View Post
Those of you who've had the neuropsych eval, is it worth it? My son is scheduled to start his tomorrow and I'm having second thoughts.

I believe it will help direct his "accomodations" for school if/when he can go back. I also believe it will help with our case against school district to recover all these medical bills. I also believe it can help us help him.

It's a huge expense of time, money, and his mental status. Any comments?
I find it very helpful to talk to someone like a NP who completely understands and validates your son's worries and problems which I found helped in my case anyways. Before I went back to school, they gave me strategies to help with any questions I had and certain things to try to help with my symptoms and a school liason was involved as well to meet with the school and propose accomodation's I would need to have in order to attend school. Having a professional tell my school that this is something that needs to be payed attention to helped a lot! Now my teachers are more lenient and accomodating because they know now the struggle it is to have a tbi Hope your son feels better soon!
kayley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote