View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 04:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Good Luck!

Neuropsych evaluation is very worth while in my opinion. I had to wait 10 months to get mine after concussion because they thought everything would get better. My NP told me most healing is done within the first year and they wanted to test me closer to that 1 year mark.

Once the evaluation is done, not much changes. The only differences I experienced were scholastic accomodations and a better understanding about what is going on. Which in turn helped me move forward. It is a lengthy process, but just having those words on paper and an explanation helps to decifer where to start.

From my experience, i know that the evaluation is extremely draining and frustrating. You literaly go through all the emotions. All you can do for your son is be there for him and give him encouraging words. My mum was right there by my side whether I wanted it or not and shes always said it was one of the toughest things shes ever had to do/see, but without her encouragement and understanding I wouldnt have gotten through it alone.

I've seen what my mum has had to go through and I am very sorry you are having to experience it as well. I cant even imagine what it would be like to be in your situation and it takes a strong person to be able to do it.

Good luck with everything!
paige.elizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (02-08-2012)