View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I totally agree with you on this! I had my rib removed 6 months ago and constantly went back every 3 weeks to dr for CRPS symptoms/complaints. Finally now they diagnose me with the darn disease. My pain clinic dr informed me they could've prevented this syndrome with a nerve block prior to surgery, which they never put in. I AM ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS, signed the "cover your ***" line at the hospital and RSDS never came up anywhere in their pre-knife speech. I think they should put this in their "thoracic outlet syndrome" pamphlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjg13 View Post
I had my rib removed almost a year ago and have been diagnosed with crps type 2. I was never told about the possibility of this god awful thing. I had venous tos and had to have the surgery but I know now there are precautions that can be taken, I get angry because I feel cheated, if your going to have surgery research stellate ganglion blocks prior to surgery and go to rsd.org and read their education resource section on surgery and rsd. They list a med protocol from before surgery, during and after.
Ginger01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SD38 (02-09-2012), ShaggyChic_1201 (10-06-2015)