View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi downerbend

Congrats on your baby GIRL! I am very happy for you. I looked more at your xray. If there is compression going on in there, that would account for some neuro problems. If a disk is compressed and pushed in any way that does cause pain also. Most upper pain however, I thought had to do with C1-7. Yours looks lower than that. Please get a really good neuro surgeon or orthor to get an evaluation. You don't want to have your whole life compromised by this condition. If you go, at least they can make a diagnosis, and then you will have more information to go on. don't let this go, go on and get the appt. You won't rest well and be able to focus on your new baby, if you are in constant pain. I know about that kind of neuro pain. I had C3-7 fused. I had a six year miserable wait between my fusions, because I believed just one doctor who said there was nothing more to be done. Well he was wrong, and I got more Help. I believe you can the help you need, so this does not plague you all your life. Do you have health insurance? That will be an issue. I did not, and I had to do alot of work, to reduce the cost of the surgery. I am not at all sure you need a surgial route, really the place to be is under the doc. care and get it really looked at. Let me know where you stand with insurance, I can tell you what I did if you are without it. Rib re-sections have a forum here too for you to listen to. I hope more people can answer some of your concerns. I know more about cerival issues than the rib problems. take care of yourself and your family to be. ginnie

Last edited by ginnie; 02-08-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: clearity in meaning
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote