View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldar View Post
I too have not misused any drugs - the only time I get any are when my arm develops yet another major infection, then only enough for usually a week or two at most.

I also go through the wishing my pain and spasms would stop every day, I just so far am able to keep the thoughts to just wishing a lot I could just have my dang arm removed and enjoy pain free life again. See this arm has had su many injuries over the years, I literally have had to go many times months to year or more without using it... Is that bad thinking? I really don't know...
Yeah...definitely don't get rid of the arm. I know the thinking is that you will be pain free if you get rid of it but that's not how it works with RSD. I know you have other issues with the arm above and beyond the RSD...but RSD pain is such that even if you cut off the limb with RSD the pain is still there. I tend to explain it to others (those without RSD who just ask casually about it) as there's really technically nothing wrong with my ankle (just as an example) but rather it is my nervous system that is damaged so even though the initial injury in the ankle healed, I'm still getting pain signals saying it hurts. Even if you chop it off...still gonna get those pain signals...and probably worse because you have just caused your body MORE trauma which of course flares the RSD. If there was even a remote chance...50/50 of cutting the limb off working I bet most of us would try it after everything else has failed...but it just doesn't work at all and it does no good to think that way. I know there are stories of people who completely and totally lost use of the limb for YEARS and they are able to get it back once they find a treatment that works for them and the right doctor....so don't give up hope.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote