View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi neurotwam,

Just like you I've had complex partial seizures for 39 yrs. and I will often see colors flashing back and forth in my eyes. My Epileptologist and Neurosurgeon found that I had activity going on in the opptical lobe of my brain (back of my head) and this is what was causing me to see all these odd colors and them I would go unconscious.

If others are around you when you have a seizure ask them to keep their eye on you to see if you are smacking your lips, wandering around, or pulling at your clothes. These are all other signs of complex partial seizures.

In regards to depression and altered consciousness states that happens to people who have epilepsy. Depression starts from both the seizure med and the complex partial seizures as well as the area of the brain that's triggering seizures. The only time that I have never gone unconscious in all the yrs. I've had seizures is when I have a simple partial (aura) seizure.I'm conscious during those seizures but the rest of the time I blank out and I don't remember anything until after the seizure is over.
Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote