View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I've been reading TOS forums since 2004, and I don't think I've ever read about anyone having a stroke due to TOS.

Is there any history of strokes in your family?

A clot "might" be possible, pretty rare, if I recall it is most likely in the area of where the compression is or downstream (arm). You'd probably know if you got one, they hurt, swell and usually make a red area. My sis in law & a niece both had clots, one in the leg & one in arm - theirs weren't TOS related.

about the progression of TOS,
it all depends on what is the root cause - and what if anything is being done to change the cause.
If you are think it is work /postures / hobbies, then some changes need to happen to stop the progression.

Have you seen the self care suggestions and tried any of them?
The passive gentle posture correction/stretches should be good for most of us.
Have you figured out what might be the cause of your TOS?
Just wondering...... can clots leave behind a small but dark bruise on the skins surface? I have had this quite a few times on my lower leg where I occassionally experience deep pain ( feels like its deep inside the vein). I noticed them because the area was sore/tender. They appeared WITHOUT hitting or banging my leg on anything.
I'm trying self massage at the moment to relieve muscle pain and have purchased the Trigger Point Therapy Book...... can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!
Thanks for the post you put in about Trigger points and referred pain by the way Jo*mar
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote