View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinaanne56 View Post
I have small fiber PN for over 11 years and my husband and I are on vacation with good friends and we r at Disney world - I found myself needing a wheelchair and slowing everyone down. I thought I knew my limitations but this was way over my head! Disney is so accommodating for wheelchairs but I didnt think I was there yet. Very humbling. I took the day off today with everyone off to the beach - hard not to get discouraged. Just kind a want to go home ----- understand?
Yes I understand but I give you huge amount of credit for going. I would not even attempt this or a vacation in general. I think Disney is like a marathon so though yes it is sad to not be able to that does not mean you can't take part in other more low key things like going to dinner or maybe to some shops? I know it is hard to not focus on the can't but still other things can bring pleasure too. I am not trying to take away from this battle just hope you see that you tried something many like myself would not and also to maybe focus on some things you still can do that are not so extreme.
Sending warm thoughts and hope today is brighter.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tinaanne56 (02-09-2012)