View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

In my post, I hope no one felt I am suggesting that their journey/pain/suffering is invalid...

In fact, I have asked God many times, "Why me?" When my brother in law was attempting to rape me, I screamed, "God, why me?"
When our friends' daughter was killed by a drunk driver, I shook my fist in the air at God, screaming, "Why them, God?" So many times...

I am imperfect, and I used to feel so guilty about asking this of God. I understand now, as I journey with this stupid disease, that we all have crosses to bear, and my Creator understands my humanness and imperfection when I question what I encounter during my journey.

My dear sister, who passed recently, always cried and asked why she had to suffer from her various ailments...why her?
She never seemed to take responsibility for the decisions she made in her life to bring her to her present circumstances. She smoked, was very obese, cheated the system, and chose mates who were selfish and abusive. Many of the things she suffered from were from poor choices.

There are things that come along in our lives that are not a result of choices we have made...it's just life.
I remember watching Sesame Street with the kids when Mr. Hooper had died (well, the actor had died, so the show had to deal with it). Big Bird kept going around, asking everyone why Mr. Hooper died. Everyone had their explanation...then, at the end of the episode, Luis finally said to Big Bird, "Because...just because."

And that is what I remind myself, even as I cry from the pain and disability I deal with occasionally. Because...just because...
Dejibo (02-10-2012), SallyC (02-09-2012)