View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 03:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojee22 View Post
double CRAP.. I'm out... no more gabapentin for me...

I feel everyones pain today.. brain fog and the constant headaches have set in.. and thats on my low dose of 100 mg... argh..

I guess they will move to the Oxycodone now.. double argh..

I'm going to procede with the surgery.. i think..

Joann
I was wondering how long you were gonna hang in there. I feel so much better being off the gabspentin. Some meds are not worth the side effects.

Really do your homework about the surgery, I'm better after my fusion, but not out of pain, and still need another surgery on my arm. Just make sure you ask A LOT of questions.

What surgery are you considering btw? I had ACDF C5,C6,C7 with titanium plate and screws. Neck is better, but still have pain in shoulders, traps and still have another crushed nerve in my elbow (ulnar nerve). I needed the surgery, my spinal cord was being crushed and the bone spurs were pushing on a lot of nerves, I hit the point where no amounts of pain pills would help, I couldn't function or leave my house.

I just want you to know that surgery may not take all the pain away, and once you have a fusion you have modifications in lifestyle forever.

I hope things get better for you now that you've stopped the gabspentin. I find that a couple of percs a day with the butrans helps me enough to function and cope. Maybe that combo would work for you also? Oh, and I also take cymbalta (60mg per day) and that helps too.

Hoping we both get some better days ahead!
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote