View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 09:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi Lizard!

Thanks for your post. I found out about my type 2 diabetes in Oct. 06. I am having such a hard time with it. My sugars are up and down. More up. Stress makes it zoom. I am getting alot better at passing by the junk food because I have felt pretty sick several times because of it. I have struggled with my weight all of my 41 years but now eating the foods that I want not only keeps my weight up but makes me ill as well. Its a real bummer. I had tried the Atkins Diet and lost 15 pounds on it but shortly after that I was starting to not feel well and then BOOM my Dr discovered the diabetes. That put an end to the Atkins diet for me. I think I am not to the point of accepting the fact that things are going to have to change for me dramatically. I am mad about the diabetes but I am really frustrated that I can't drop any weight. I thought people lose weight when they have diabetes...not me!! I really hope that this message board will help me along..I love hearing how much weight people have lost. You have done wonderful, Lizard. I long to feel that thinness feeling. It was only a couple years ago I had went from 204lbs to 144. I felt wonderful. I wore mini skirts and looked so good. I now weigh 195lbs and feel like a blob. I am 5 feet tall to boot!! I have rambled enough...thanks again, Dorrie
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote