View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help mri results-surgery needed

i just had a mri of my cervical spine. the report is so confusing. im seeing a neurosurgeon the end of feb but would like to know what certain things mean so when i go i will have an idea of what he is talking about. hope someone here can help me.
ive had previous neck surgery where c-5,6,7 have been fused.

my mri reads:
At the c3-c4 level there is disk spur complex as a small central disk bulge exaggerated by the endplate spurring. that nearly effaces the CSF volume anterior to the cord as seen in the axial views.

At c4-c5 detail is distorted by the metal artifact, buy I do suspect that there is limited disk spur complex greater to the left of midline. In the axial plane the relative size is disproportionately exaggerated by local blooming artifact. No neuroforaminal compromise. There was substantial chemical shift artifact and I hesitate as to the accuracy of findings at the c5-c6 and c6-c7 disk levels, but in the axial plane some CFS volume actually is delineated posterior to the cord even through these levels.

These are the 2 areas of the report that confuses me the most. Please if someone can break it down and explain it, I would be greatful.

thank you
vonda
vbagley11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote