View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 02:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1 View Post
Hi,

I was all excited to finally get a referral to a pain management doc, and met with him yesterday. He spent about 40 mins going over everything with me, and then put me on some new meds to try. Unfortunately I seem to be VERY sick from them.

Wondering if anyone has taken these and gotten similar reaction, and if the side effects level out eventually (better yet, go away!).

I'm taking 5mg butrans transdermal patch for pain, along with my percocets which I've been taking for a very long time, so that's not a problem, and gabapenten 100mg twice a day.

I'm thinking it's the pain patch making me sick, but not sure.

Symptoms: abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue and weakness.

I'm only on day two of the new meds. Any thoughts?
Cathie
Hi, sorry ur feeling so sick.

I've been taking 900mg/day Gabapentin, 25mg/day Lyrica, 10mg/4 times a day Baclofen & just completed my first week of the Butrans patch (5mg). The first day went ok, then on the beginning of the 2nd day the headache hit, of course the 2 beer I had (Canadian beer), probably didn't help. It was so bad I thought I was gonna puke. I asked my pharmacist if I could take gravol & she said yes. So I took 1, slept & then woke up in the afternoon & took another one. Jump ahead to week #2. I've adjusted to the Butrans & had friends over tonight, drank 6 beer, no problems.
So my advice to you is take a Gravol. Beer or any other alcohol isn't recommended, but I always feel better after a couple of beer.
jiggered is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote