Thread: Recall Support
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am nervous about tomorrow. I am eager to know if her levels have gone down. I am frightened they haven't and the vet will again suggest me end her suffering- and my gut tells me to wait and wait and wait. I can't help but worry how tomorrow will turn out, how this week will conclude.

I am also tired of preaching. I have done hours of research, days of reading. I am exhausted by this entire pet food recall. I have learned more about kidney failure than I want. I can speel (sp?) off any information you need to know about this on a whim, I can list to you all the brands recalled and all the ones not on the list. I can tell you on the hour updates the second they are announced. And well, I am tired of trying to convince others of the urgency of this situation. I feel it is hopeless. So many of my friends and family members keep thinking that this just can't happen to them. They don't care to realize that it can. And I feel it is pure ignorance. Maybe they don't understand what I am going through, or have empathy towards the situation. Whatever it is that makes those people continue feeding their pets dog foods that are causing renal failure, or just simply ANY commercial pet food. I just don't understand WHY anyone would risk it. Yes I am getting on my
now. I don't wish this on anyone, really. I just wish everyone could understand how close to home this national problem is. My brother doesn't even know what food he gives his cat and doesn't even care less. My aunt is giving her dog food that is recalled but the dry version which has unofficial reports of kidney failure. I tell them, but why listen to me? They thank me for my information and keep feeding it to them. While I am here cooking homemade dog food for 2 hours long. I guess it just boils down to how much you care about your pets. I guess.

Its just frustrating when I am going into $2000 of debt, going to the vet's office everyday thinking I am putting Lucy to sleep, and worrying about if she will ever get out of there alive. I would give anything to rewind time and change what has happened, had I known. And some of you know now already, you know what is going on-but you continue to do it. And this is not aimed at anyone in particular on this site. Just everyone I come across in my life who continues to tell me that *their* pet food is safe, even when it really isn't, because no pet food is safe anymore. Why would you trust any company with the life of your pet when soo many are out there dying?
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote