View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 06:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default advice request concerning behavioral changes in girlfriend with asd (diag. 3yrs ago)

My significant other has recently taken to a bait and switch distancing following initiating plans, leaving me to chase her repeatedly, souring our connection and pushing me to my wits end. Relations during our courtship (a period between 3 months ago and 6 weeks ago) were very intimate and pleasant, barring some medication (snri/benzo/d-salts) and family driven difficulties which I helped her through. She made the step to secure me in a relationship last month the night I took her on a surprise vacation for her birthday. It caught me off guard, I can tell you that. Since then demons from her past have begun to haunt her, increasing her anxiety levels, something she continually brings up to excuse any repeated flaking without canceling. I am closing in on my wits end, but care about this woman. I feel much of this may relate to her continuation of stimulants -anxiety/fear/negative physical (pns) effects of the stimulant's l isomer, but as well the (would-be positive) resurfacing of a need for extending personal growth -something I think she may be having conflicting thoughts about with regard to our new relationship. I am starting to feel like a stepping stone, used, though not without guilt on her part, however am finding find myself at the breaking point. It really isn't acceptable for her to continually make plans and default on them or to continually defer plans I'd initiated, responding eventually with hollow ego boosting retorts. Within the past three weeks, she has left me holding my %#@! no less than 5 times. I'm so close to losing my cool and just ending it. I would never put up with this from anyone else, but general attributions I'd have normally may not apply in this case. Can anyone offer insight? I'd like to gather some alternative opinions.
danvers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-12-2012)