View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

what a jerk! that is all I can say. Your MD so DISMISSIVE! and he should have been compassionate, and full of answers and if he didnt have the answers, he should have had a referral of someone HE wanted you to follow up with. HOW RUDE! Please RUN dont walk away from this MD. THis is NOT how you should be treated, Even if it is conversion disorder. Even folks with conversion disorder need direction, compassion and guidance.

Please find an MS center, and get signed up to see one of the MDs there. I too have choking issues, but only on occasion, and i have NO lesions in or near my brain stem. There are MANY reasons why you could have this issue. Muscle memory, weakness of the epiglottis and its inability to stay tightly shut, or a virus could have attacked the throat muscles. You need an ENT with a heart, and an MS MD with a brain.

In the past when that has happened to me the MD reccomended
Dextromethorphan HBr 10mg (cough suppressant)
Guafenisen 100mg (expectorant)
its nothing more than a shot of robotussion cough syrup. I have no idea why it works, but it did help.

Till then, please know that your MD was RUDE! and you need to find one with compassion and the ability to help you ferret out why, even if it means referrals to a new guys, not just dismissing you into a home that you choke frequently.

I wish you luck. let us know.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GrannyJo4 (02-10-2012)