View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

As a long time follower of your advice Debbie I dont think anyone thought you were advocating a "suck it up and deal with it" attitude. I saw it as a we are dealt what we are dealt, and we can choose to sit in the dark or we can come on out to the light.

I know when I am IN pain, scared, feeling alone, upset and angry at this whole disease process I am much more likely to not take advice or stories in the spirit in which they are intended. I am more likely to grab whatever you said and bite back at you, cause...I DONT FEEL GOOD! and I want it to stop now please! Two days later when I have more wind back in my sails and some rest under my belt, I am much more likely to return and say "oh!" When IN crisis...nope, not gonna happen, and I will go silent and be upset.

its my opinion that we have all gone thru so much. from badly behaving family (have you MET my sister?) to diseases that make no sense (Granny is choking and her MD cant tell her why) to being housebound and not having a friend or neighbor close by to help us find pee pads for our doggies (remember sal's pal?) up to attack after attack, and finally leading to my blind behind bumping into walls and trying to figure out how and why should I get out of bed today. Can I cook? no! I will burn the house down! Can I drive? no! I will wreck the car. Can I vacuum so my house is clean? well..yeah, but I am going to bang up everything in the house. I have to count on everyone right now to do stuff I should be doing for myself. Just because I show up with a good attitude, doesnt mean I always had one. You should have seen the MASSIVE break down I had about this. kicking and screaming like a 5 year old.

I hope all are feeling better.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (02-10-2012)