View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What to do to support wife?

I can't find a thread like this anywhere. Maybe a moderator can help.

My wife will have a double mastectomy in three or four weeks. We've had the options explained to us and she has made her treatment choices. I told her I could make suggestions but would accept any choices she made. The confusion had to be worked through and we found several women she could talk with. Friends or friends of friends have been helpful but they did add to the confusion. I'm trying to get her to go to a support group. The American Cancer Society has been in touch with several suggestions.

It's her body and from reading I understand this can be as much or more an emotional problem than a physical problem.

I need suggestions in giving support. Getting ready for recovery, what to say and what not to say, and anything else you may wish to tell me. Is there a site that may help me? My hope is those of you who have been through this sill know how to help me more than anyone else.

I have my own problems which may limit me physically for a short while but they should not be much of a limitation shortly. We do have family and friends that will be able to help.
Paulb_47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-20-2012)