View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello all. I've been unknowingly suffering TOS symtoms for many years. I've made many attempts with different docs to find out what was causing the pain in my left armpit and down my left arm over the years with frequent fears of heart problems or arterial damage. I had an episode a few days ago that I thought may be a heart attack as my left armpit and arm suddenly became excruciatingly painful. I could feel every beat of my heart throbbing yet I could breathe ok. I've had a lot of pain in my life and this was right up there with a smashed sciatic nerve and shattered disks. A trip to the emergency room followed by a night in the cardiac ward left me with an ecstatic group of doctors (apparently a proven diagnosis of TOS is rare) and a whole new page of worries. I'm glad my wife found this place for me as I've already taken solace in the words of many of you. I'm sure I'll get around to posting my questions soon but if you all don't mind, for now I'll lurk a bit.

Thanks for being here.
B