View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Relatives with MG-low t-cells, anyone???

Hi, I am new-in the past week- and have the MG, low t-cells without thymus tumor, Sjogrens Syndrome, Bullous Pemphigoid, Hashimotos and Asthma. My immunologist also keeps checking my "DNA" blood work cause he says I really remind him of a lupus patient.

My question is this. Does anyone have experience with having relatives with MG or low T-cells counts?? I have an aunt to died at the old age of 96 who was also a RN like I am. I remember that she had to quit work in her late 50's due to weakness and infections.

I had to quit work when I was sixty. She also had many infections and was hospitalized many times. She wrote in 1964 to tell me that she was in the hospital very sick and had to have 10 cc's of gammaglobulin. This was back in the days when there wasn't that much lab work done and everything was more or less treated symptomatically.

I look at pictures of her now and I see that she had the droopy eyes and remember her weakness. My immunologist is feeling that this may well be a familial thing because as it comes out there is a lot of autoimmune disease on my dad's side of the family.

I am 69 now and have had autoimmune symptoms since around age 20 and not diagnosed til 2003 and 2006. I am on IVIG, prednisone and plaquenil. Thanks. gto
69gto73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote