View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jigger, I do on occassion have a glass or two of wine but that is about it. You really do have to be careful with meds. The alcohol tends to increase the effect of many meds. I also do understand the desperation but please do not get caught up in the drinking cycle.
I generally don't share this but I will in hopes it helps you out. I had a sister who had severe RA and possible lupus who suffered terribly with pain. She started to drink because she said it was the only thing that helped with the pain. After a while she was drinking all the time. Then when that did not work she took narcotics with the alcohol. I believe we have all heard of people doctor shopping to get the meds they want.
Well needless to say it all was a downward spirle and my sister took her life on 12/9/2011.
It has been a tradgey for our entire family.
So, I am not saying this would ever happen with you or if you are even interestsed in alcohol at all. As I said I don't think there is anything wrong with a drink every now and then. All I am saying is be extremely careful using it to cover up the pain.
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-10-2012), jiggered (02-14-2012), malawigirl08 (02-10-2012), MarcS (02-10-2012), mrsD (02-10-2012), Rosie33 (02-11-2012)