View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi danvers

Welcome to Neruo Talk. You have found a site with lots of compassion. I am by no means a therapist. I sure hope your Girlfriend would go to someone who can help her through her issues more effectly than you or anyone else could do. If her past is keeping her from a future, those issues should be addressed so both of you could move forward. Being in limbo in a relationship is not fun. Being told she will be there, and then leave you standing is not a good thing to do to a person in any case. That is disrespectful and rude. No hollow compliments to the ego should be accepted. If you allow her to do this, she will continue to do this. Try not to be an enabler to her disfunction. I know you care about her, I respect that. However, at my age (60) I just don't put up with that kind of behavior. I really think if even maybe you both seek help, your relationship would stand a better chance. Life is hard, and two people need to be strong together to have a stable relationship. Pray together, find a way to help each other so you can move forward. I do wish you all the best. This is coming just from an older woman, who wants respect from those I surround myself with. Ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-12-2012)