View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi chronic4me, Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic4me View Post
But why is there such stubborn resistance?
The short answer is, the politics of pain.
(For the long answer, Google the above emphasized phrase.)

Quote:
I think it is cruel and irrational to deny someone sufficient opioid meds to manage pain. It is barbaric, if I wanted to abuse narcotics, it is a thousand times easier to buy heroin or be placed on a methadone program which is dreadful!!
You're absolutely correct. The statistical facts are that less than 3% of chronic pain patients have abuse problems, and of those 3%, most have previous substance abuse or psychological issues.

http://www.health.com/health/conditi...189482,00.html
http://www.chronicpainrevolutions.co...ic-pain/75.htm

For someone to be on these medications, and taking them responsibly, for as long as you have, and then "suddenly" becoming a risk is illogical, irrational, and remote.

Quote:
I NEED TO BRIEFLY CONVEY WHAT I AM EXPERIENCING, AND WOULD LIKE HIM TO APPEAR INTERESTED ENOUGH TO ASK AT LEAST ONE QUESTION?
Google: talk doctor pain
The articles you'll find there will be much better than anything I can say here.

Best wishes,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-11-2012)