View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathypelkey View Post
I am asking for support by others today. Don't mean to vibe selfish, the pain is just unbearable. I am hoping if I receive some response this my preoccupy me.
Just trying to give ideas and be productive. Thanks

Kathy - you absolutely stun me with your ability to do this for your self. Actually, first to be able to recognize specifically that you needed the communication and support of others with and two, then ask for is a very, very, insightful and brave thing to do. Its not selfish at all - it's why many of us are here as well...

It took me years to figure that out. In fact I never really did figure that out -it just sort of popped out from all the comments people kept putting into my threads "come here for support, you'll get lots of help here, there is tons of empathy on this site...". It became an unconscious recognition first and then it was like "hey - I am feeling so much better after I spew and vent on line, this is the best therapy I’ve ever had!". Now I am not going to deny that I can be quite dense when it comes to some types of awareness - but I do have at least an average intelligence level! I just never guessed at how isolating pn is and how hard it is for others who do not have it to understand. Those that don't live with or have pn can't give you the same space to "be a pn'er". It's nice to come to this site where we can "be" together.

And you really knew you needed and came here asking for support - I am thrilled to see you doing that! Well you have it my dear! I am very empathetic to you. I am just starting my bad time of year Feb -July and have been in terrible pain for the past few days. I am really afraid of my pain and it has been very debilitating lately and have been crying a lot. I have four young children, and I just want to be an active mom. But then I read you thread and I thought I have got to get better at asking for what I need too, maybe I will learn to deal with my disabilities better. I am sorry you have to wait so long to get in - have you asked to be put on a cancellation list? That has help many people I here get into appointments sooner. What do symptoms have and where? Is there something another Dr. could help you with sooner? How did you fall, and how did you get your initial condition? I would like to know more about your painting - I would love to paint or to have any artistic talent like that, what do like to paint? Well hoping this has done some to distract you - let me know how you feel...Thank you!
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-10-2012)