View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 05:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

nwsmith,

That's something I was experiencing quite a bit in 2010/11, where I was driving and the visual stimulation was just too much for my brain to handle and I landed leaving the freeway for side streets just to be safe.

The Nortriptyline I'm currently one does a 'two-fer', in that it handles the headaches I'm dealing with and it does soothe my frustration and anxiety from having the many 'how, why, it has to be something else' questions and state of mind.

It is easier to find ways to keep your mind calm, be it yoga, mediation, classical or jazz music, or whatever you have that calms you.

BTW, It's still a little tough for me to handle the flurry of high speed traffic on the cities freeways, but I'm getting better little by little.

December 15, 2009: Major surgery due to diverticulitis. 6 weeks after surgery, dizziness, fog, cognitive difficulty, anxiety, some panic, lots of headache. These symptoms largely gone, but still cannot exercise above a very low threshold otherwise resulting in severe headache and cognitive fog. Same for overwhelming odors.

Meds: Nortriptyline and Naratriptan as needed to rid severe headaches (exertional migraines).
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (02-10-2012)