View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie, I have been at this so long that I have lost track of some of my blood work. My doctor is an immunologist, pediatric oncologist, hematologist and some sort of pathologist---I can't remember the exact term--not forensic.

I will have to talk to him about this. I know that he has felt that my immune system is really screwed up and that the t-cell situation is more in depth than it appears. He is just amazed that I am doing as well as I am. He had expected me to come up with the pneumonia that AIDS patients get(can't spell it tonight) and had educated me on that. I have had blood work for some other genetic stuff and have since forgotten the names.

The primary is very possible for sure. I know that he would like(after all these years on IVIG and no terrible infections) to give me a try on imuran at a very, very low dose to see if this would make a difference.He would do lots and lots of blood work. He doesn't make any sudden changes or judgements with out lots of testing and thinking.

I know that I have been ill for close to 50 years really and I am beginning to wonder if I will be still sitting around popping mestinon when I am 80.lol I sure as heck can't imagine that I would live as long as my aunt did. Thanks folks. I'll get back to you when I get some info. gto
69gto73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote